Sunday 22 March 2009

Concrete & opal fruits

Last weekend I was in Belfast and got to see 'Fabrication' exhibition from Girli Concrete. The samples shown were a hybrid of textiles and concrete. Some even reminded me of fossils! Great to see something that is usually thought of as dull and ugly (concrete) take on real beauty when combined with textiles. Definitely worth a visit if you can!

Also I have just posted my knitted strip for the Yarn Forward project in Manchester. They aim to cover the banister of the Manchester Craft and Design with knitted & crocheted strips from around the world. I picked some neon brights from my yarn stash to create a stripey strip reminiscent of opal fruits! (... or should I say starbursts :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been going on a lot of cool crafty trips lately. Love the colours of your knitted creation. Definitely opal fruit colours. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah - I think you do the same things in Glasgow as I do here! We both have Shaun on our Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to thank you for the link to Girli concrete. I've taken a long look at their blog. Am trying to figure out how to embroider concrete myself. it's inspiration for a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, the Girli Concrete stuff is quite amazing!

    ReplyDelete