Tuesday 9 February 2010

Yarn bombing isms...

Due to an IT hiccup, brain ache and a couple of photos sneaking into the wrong folder, I'd completely forgotten all about this yarn bombing I seen last September in Davie Village Community Gardens, Vancouver.
This yarn bombing had obviously survived the elements! This lovely knitted wall is apparently the work of Jessica Glesby. Yesterday whilst wasting my time (I mean being 'creative') on Craftster, I saw a new addition to this very garden from WooWork. Raining cats and dogs quite literally!
In between all this internet browsing I have finished reading one of my Christmas books ...isms: Understanding Art. As someone with aspirations to next study art history, this is a fantastic book. This book does not pretend to be ultimate art history resource. Each movement is given a 2 page spread with a definition, key words, artists and key pieces associated to each isms. A great book to go back to time and time again. I'll admit there were quite a few isms that I wasn't aware of!

No comments:

Post a Comment