Sunday 9 May 2010

Sketching & Chasing Sheep

On my holiday I was determined to sketch some sheep. Fresh faced lambs and their mothers surrounded the hills around us. Our drive times were at the mercy of sheep as we drove along the country roads, they would stand and stare at us from the middle of the road, whilst we patiently waited for them to move along.
So, I thought, it will be easy for me to sit and draw. However it seemed that these sheep, despite their over-friendliness with cars, did not feel the same about people. Whenever I seemed to get close, quietly sitting on the grass, one would decide that I could be a threat, let out a loud warning 'bleat' and off they all scarpered. Eventually I decided the sheep sketching was just not meant to be - shame, as the lambs were so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment