Saturday 3 September 2011

Gentle knitting...

After a busy few weeks, time for some gentle knitting. Firstly off the needles my second herringbone rib sock. The first sock was finished last November!
They really shouldn't have taken as long as they did, though I managed to lose them in the abyss that is the spare room, which is my excuse and I'm sticking to it. If I hadn't had such a long break whilst making these, I'm sure I would have found them much easier. The pattern is well written and relatively straightforward, however it took me a while to get the herringbone rib pattern memorised. And then by the time I'd remembered it, I then put the half-finished socks away for months and months, so that by the time I looked at them again, I had forgotten the pattern!
Because of this there are a few holes, or shall we say - personal design touches? But as they are for me, I really don't mind. Next on the needles is another project for me. I'd read some great reviews of The Gentle Art of Knitting by Jane Brocket, and I also enjoy reading her yarnstorm blog, so I treated myself to the book. After admiring the many lovely patterns, I've picked the simple squishy slouchy hat to start, using some Patons Moorland Tweed DK that my mum gave to me.
The pattern is nice and simple, perfect knitting whilst watching the TV. And the yarn is quite pretty, with flecks of colour throughout. I wonder if I can get my hat finished for my holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment