Friday 4 November 2011

Stumpwork Embroidery Holly

Today I spent a number of hours hard at work here...
At Make It Glasgow for a Royal School of Needlework stumpwork day class. I had never tried stumpwork embroidery before, it looked far too difficult to be attempting at home alone! Luckily tuition was on hand to talk us through creating a holly pin.
Admittedly mine is not finished, I still have hours of buttonhole stitch around wire still to do. Plus I need to finish my needle lace, which may take some very deep concentration! There were some amazing examples of what you can do with stumpwork, although first I better finish my holly...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, it currently has a couple of hours more stitching on it - but plenty to go! Will I actually finish it before Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete