Wednesday 24 October 2012

Getting colder...

It is forecast to get very chilly at the end of the week.  In preparation, I have finished my slipper socks.
I have cold feet all the time.  I wear socks to bed in the middle of summer, so big cosy socks are a necessity for winter.  These socks are rather chunky and a little silly.  They were made using two strands of double knitting yarn, rather than the worsted the pattern called for, and 5.5mm needles.
One thing to remember is that these are rather slippy-slipper socks, and should not be worn on the laminate floor!  With warnings to prepare for winter, I pulled out my granny square blanket.
This has been ongoing for 7 years, this year I am determined to get it finished!  I was pleasantly surprised by how much I had done, I have finished sewing up 200 squares, only another 50 squares to sew and then a border...  And in other news, Mark has been guinea pig shamed!

1 comment:

  1. Love those socks! I'm a cold feet sock in bed wearer too!

    ReplyDelete