Monday 8 October 2012

Hats for Him.

I asked Mr Crafty if he would like me to knit him a hat. "Yes" came the reply, and then the clause "can it be blue, yellow, red and white".  Little stripes or big stripes I wondered, "big stripes, obviously".  So this hat came to be.
It is apparently inspired by the colours of a Raleigh Burner BMX, and incidentally is the same colours as the flag of the Podlaskie Voivodeship.  I used the Tristan pattern by Drops, I like the texture it created, but don't really like how the pattern disappears on the crown.  As this hat is on the bright side, I knitted a more subdued hat for Mr Crafty, for work wear.  I used the fantastic Farm Beanie pattern by Allison Britt, which I had used previously.  I knitted it in some stash that I had previously used to make some hand warmers for Mr Crafty and his terrible glove problem.
Mr Crafty is now ready for winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment